Saturday, January 22, 2011

nye 2011: san francisco

Usually I have more time than I know what to do with at work but recently, I've been working on a new project that includes taking work home on the weekends. I don't even know who I am anymore. The only consolation is that my boss is dropping hints that a position may open up in the company that he thinks I'd be perfect for: office manager. I'm not even kidding. Apparently, I really am Pam. It's just the rumbles of some office rumors right now but I'd be grateful for the additional responsibilities and ker-ching. Keep the hope alive for me, will you?

I can't wait to share with you the details of my recent birthday party, but for now, we'll have to go back to San Francisco, circa New Year's Eve, 2010. We went up to see Phoenix and Ghost Writer. Phoenix is one of my BFFs and moved up there awhile ago but I've yet to see her place so it was time to make the trip. Ghost Writer has the best family hook ups which landed them into a perfect apartment with high ceilings, original wood everything, right in the heart of the city. I kind of died and fell in love with it.








Other than to visit friends, eating was my 2nd objective. Not to necessarily eat at fancy places but to eat, sleep, and veg out to my heart's content. This is my idea of a perfect vacation.

First night: tapas at Bocadillos.
Everything was tasty. I even ate some spicy stuff.





Latte from Cafe Grecco (very good!) and cake from Stella. Also had a bite on a cannoli and other sweet things.
When on vacation, I eat everything. No matter whose plate it's on. It's all FAIR GAME PEOPLE.




Day 2's mission was to eat everything in the Ferry Building. Mission Accomplished.

Hog Island Oysters: BEST GRILLED CHEESE EVER. Who would've guessed?! The oysters were bomb diggity as well. But the CHEESE. So good, I don't even have a photo for you.


Treats for me and my FRIEND, wasaii.


This place looking harmless until your friend offers you a slice of head cheese. HEAD. CHEESE.


The taste I can bear, but texture got me.
Blech.
These Pepples donuts were slightly better:


I tried the sea salt and caramel but let's be real: A vegan donut isn't the same as a real donut. A for effort!

Last stop: Gott's Roadside.
Because I seriously have no dietary boundaries while on vacation.



We ate so much other great stuff that I didn't include but it was a wonderful trip.

New Year's Eve was spent at Spire, which K's cousin happens to be a part of, and it was straight- up, ghetto fun. I have no pictures of that night but that's probably for the best. I did wear a sparkly skirt:


GAH. SO MUCH FUN.
The minute we got to the airport, I missed my friends already.
xoxo.




3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love you and your fabulous friends :) I also love that skirt!!

miss a's parentals said...

That Tiffany pendant lamp is gorgeous!

Winnie said...

I love all the food joints in the Ferry Building! Yum.