Saturday, January 8, 2011

happy birthday, miss A!

There are only a few people in my reality circle that truly understand the art of hosting a party. Chlorine is one of them. I'd like to think of us as two peas in the proverbial party-styling pod. She appreciates details, snail mail, and Emily Post so when it came time to host Miss A's 1st birthday, I knew Chlorine would not disappoint.

When you get an invitation like this in the mail, you know the party is going to be full of fun: (photo by Chlorine)


The invitation was inspired by Mila's Daydreams and was themed Miss A's favorite things (a la Oprah's show). I loved how the invitation and theme was so personal to Miss A even though she's only been around for a year.

And onto the details. Chlorine took the blogosphere's loviest things and kicked it up a notch. Or ten. Love tissue paper poms poms? Forget them. Try one with tulle:


Love honeycomb garlands? Forget them. Try it with tulle. Each sewed and gathered by Chlorine herself, who did not know how to sew prior to this party.


The tulle adds such a dreamy quality to everything with or without my instagr.amification. The food table with the requisite 36" balloons. And don't forget the PINK twinkle lights.

Striped straw and IZZE. My husband K put the straws in the cups. When he started, I said, "Oh, she'll want them .." He interrupts: "All to one side. I know." :) It's contagious.


I was SO VERY PLEASED to see the ruffle cake in person. It's really awesome to see ideas come to life. Cake was done by Cake Sensations.


The dessert table had pink treats. My favorite detail was the cotton candy inside of large plastic ornaments. The pink cotton candy gave the ball a pearlescent glow.


My favorite detail of all - the family. Chlorine also made tulle party flair for everyone to wear: bouts, rings, hair pins. Loverly.


Thanks for the fabulous eye candy Chlorine! You are one lucky girl, Miss A.

2 comments:

dapotato said...

really cute party! tulle is so forgiving (and cheap), too! makes everything look so magical.

Winnie said...

Love the cotton candy idea! Yum.