Monday, January 31, 2011

the awesome, wonderful, very good, lots of fun, and happy times saturday


It was one of those Saturdays that I wished to have on repeat over and over. I attribute it to the sparkly shoes I decided to throw on. They make my usual uniform much more fun.


K thinks it's ghastly that I'd wear these shoes anywhere before 9 P.M. much less to lunch on a Saturday. I wear them anyway. He recently picked up a coupon from OpenTable for Paradise Cove in Malibu so it was the perfect day to make the drive out. The food has seriously suffered a bit over the years but you really can't beat the beachy experience on a perfect 75-degree day. In January. It's good to remember why we pay through the nose to live out here. Plus EZEase and KPop came with us so the company made it worth it.

We chatted about all things wedding over lunch and since I have a tendency to overwhelm people with information when I'm excited, there were lots of google images and Shut It Down moments tossed about. I live for days like these.

We hit up Carmela Ice Cream after lunch.


Sea Salt Caramel and Dark Chocolate Cacao Nib. You can literally taste the difference in the natural ingredients that they use - so real that it can be slightly overwhelming if you're used to the processed stuff. I'm totally sold on them because of the natural flavors but mostly because their new store front is adorable.

The boys even indulged us in some wedding sourcing at the Goodwill and Michaels. Oh happy day!


"Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

4 comments:

venn said...

Hey! I went to Carmela's on Saturday too! I tried the salted caramel (OH MAH GAH!) and the honey lavendar. Did you notice a creamy film at the roof of your mouth while eating it? So rich, so good.

Marisa Midori said...

Sounds like a great day! Those shoes are super cute. And that Carmela's is totally taunting me. Looks sooo good!

Winnie said...

Very cute picture of you guys at the end of the post!

fitandsplendor said...

I absolutely love Paradise Cove! Agreed that the food is nothing to write home (blog?) about, but the setting is beautiful! I went there a couple of weeks ago and was able to frolic in the water...in January! Next time you should check out Malibu Seafoods just down PCH!