Tuesday, November 9, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year


I love fall. Even in this crazy 95 degree so. cal weather, fall is fabulous. Fall brings Thanksgiving and Christmas. And after fall is winter. And winter is my birthday. For the 6th time in January, I'll be turning 25. For months (literally) I've been pondering about how to mark this bittersweet occasion. "30 is the new 20," they say - so I presume that the celebration will include colorful libations, stilettos in my hand, and a tiara on my head. ;)

Or not.

Whatever it ends up being, I'm excited - mostly for the celebration. I stumbled across You + Me*, a lifestyling duo and a line in their bio totally caught my eye:


"Throwing the perfect dinner party, proposing to the one you love, planning a birthday surprise, making a vacation feel special, giving a gift that feels personalized instead of generic—all of these experiences require just the right combination of pretty things, thoughtful gestures, and personal touches. With YOU + ME, you’ll get the formula right every time."

It's SO true. There is a world of pretty out there but none of it works unless if it's just the right mix of pretty and you. From the look of their blog, it seems like the girls of You + Me* have really good eyes and a great sense of style. If I were a Real Housewife, I'd commission them immediately. :) But since I'm Jam, I'll have to turn to you internet...

What did you do (or what will you do) for your milestone birthday(s)?



1 comment:

Winnie said...

I love fall / winter far more than spring / summer too! I really want to throw a party for my 30th next year, but not sure if it'll really happen. We'll see :)