Friday, June 25, 2010

Le shoebox decorating continues.

Here are some snapshots of the highlighter yellow. I promise it's much more jarring and bring in real life. It's like this paint color is mocking me even when I try to take a picture of it. Weezermonkey was right. Curse you, conceited yellow!



This is the yellow that mr. & mrs. a-z left for us. It's the Behr bicycle yellow.


I hope it works. K got some primer from his coworker so we're ready to rock. And if it doesn't rock, we're pretty much stuck with it.

As we're revamping the kitchen, we're adding a couple more things as well. K just picked up this Toy Story 3 poster from work.



It's a big poster intended for the theaters that'll fit perfectly in a frame we already own and since I loved the movie SO much, it's going up on the wall. We get several movie posters from time to time, but this is the only one I've loved enough to put up. (Really, if you haven't watched it - go do so immediately.)

K and I are in less agreement over this Savannah Story Bust:




I saw it on the anthropologie website and took K in see it in person. He asked me to explain it's appeal. I rambled on about how I love text/books and thought it'd be a cool visual pop off the wall, but after the highlighter yellow disaster, I don't blame him for thinking I'm crazy. I don't blame any of you for thinking the same. :) I'll wait for my rhino to go on sale and let y'all know how it goes.

5 comments:

dapotato said...

i like the rhino. he goes well with the toy story 3 aliens.

weezermonkey said...

That sure is a confident yellow!

Actually, I don't think it's so bad in the photo, but I believe you re its obnoxiousness in real life.

Good luck with the new paint!

weezermonkey said...

Oh, and re the rhinocerous -- just say it's an homage to Ionesco and the absurd!

Winnie said...

Well, the bicycle yellow looks MUCH better than the highlighter yellow (at least in pictures)! I think it's a keeper.

wan said...

I am sad that we STILL have not seen TS3.