Friday, June 11, 2010

The Best Fish Tacos in Ensenada

... because they said so.

The Best Fish Tacos in Ensenada, located in Glendale and Silverlake (I hit the Glendale outpost) has the simplest menu I have ever seen outside of a food truck.

Difficult to see here, but your choices are: fish, shrimp, drinks. That's it!



Basically they give you fried shrimp or tacos in a tortilla and you can add your own shredded cabbage, a variety of salsa, and sour cream out of a pump.




If the variety of salsa is what is being sold here, they really should take care to make sure that the salsas are looking good and fresh. We went for lunch at noon with just a few others there and the salsa bowls were either practically empty or half way there. Even with the 5 options of salsas, I wasn't impressed with the selection - again, if the salsa is the selling point here. I love everything fried so the fish and shrimp itself were fine to me. They also had a selection of horchata and some sort of jimaca (sp?) drink but I didn't try those. Sodas come in a can in a fridge next to the counter.

I'll probably never make it to Ensenada to try the legitimate fish tacos but I hope I find better options than this one.

Have a happy day!

No comments: