Monday, May 3, 2010

I Die

Recently had the privilege to take a teenager to go prom dress shopping. How is it that I suddenly jumped from young adult to full-fledge adult who doesn't quite understand current teenage trends? I was all Carrie Bradshaw overpowered by beautiful things and she was more Jenny Humphrey more enamored with adulthood than anything else on the racks.

Her choice:

My choice:



My choice:


Her choice:



She was a super good sport and tried on many more things that she wouldn't be caught dead in at prom so it was really fun. I know that are her age I wouldn't have listened to some YOUNG adult tell me what looked amazing - no matter how awesome she was. I'd rather her feel comfortable as we know how teenagers have a tendency to be awkward x 2343918. :) We did manage to choose a dress out of the millions she tried on so hooray for us!

A tip to any other prom dress hunters: We found a lot of great things at the Macy's in Pasadena and noticed that they had a better selection than the Macy's in Glendale.

And because I love blogs where I see what people wear and real life:



Necklaces from Forever 21 and Nordstroms
Juicy Couture flats

Happy shopping!



5 comments:

weezermonkey said...

Your choices are far superior.

That first dress looks hookerish.

wan said...

totally agree about macy's in pasadena (on lake). they've always had a great dress selection.

[giggling at "YOUNG adult"]

dapotato said...

i like your outfit the best.

Winnie said...

So I take it my gunmetal-color ballgown prom dress is no longer in fashion?

DEAD said...

HEy DEAR...HoW'z U
i HoPE u V'll b FIne N sHIne....
/\/ NyCE,blog
PLZzZ Help
I'M need SoME mEmBER....caN u HeLp me....
My BloG iz
GKABOOM.BLOGSPOT.COM