Thursday, April 15, 2010

Vogue, Vogue, Vogue

I stumbled on Brau Haus via yelp when I grew frustrated at weed whacking my face. I have been going faithfully for over the last 6 months or so and have really liked the results. Every time I go I feel like a new person!




It's an amazing concept: a salon focused on brows! (By amazing I mean novel to those of us who are are drawn to these things like moth to a flame.) They offer makeup and other bodyscaping services too, but I've only had my brows done there. About an hour ticked by during my first time there while Christina forming my brows, working like Michelangelo on David. My follow up appointments with Raquel have taken about half that time.

As with everything, it helps be clear about what you want and don't want. It seems that both ladies that worked on me prefer a more defined and thicker brow but I prefer the opposite and neither have had issues giving me what I want.

At the end of the appointment, Raquel always always makes sure dab a little something to reduce the redness and retouches my makeup so that I'm ready to roll right when I leave the chair. This is a great medium between the detailed attention and pampering you would get at a Burke Williams and the quick wax job at your local nail salon.

Tangent: The other day while browsing at Paseo Colorado, I saw a threading kiosk. A girl was laid back in a chair with the lady worked on her. Would you get your brows done out in the open as the mall passed you by?

5 comments:

weezermonkey said...

Their website is cool and very convincing. I even briefly thought of getting my hoo-hah waxed by Lucchese.

wan said...

i've seen those kiosks and always think "hell to the no."

and now my girl parts are cringing at the monkey's comment.

Tahoebound2009 said...

This place sounds amazing and I am so tempted now.
That kiosk creeps me out every time, who wants to do that out in the open?

Winnie said...

Yeah, those kiosks are cringe-worthy :(

dapotato said...

just say NO to kiosks. i'd rather sit in an office chair in the middle of a nail salon while a vietnamese lady does my brows while loudly jabbering to her friends instead.

but brau haus sounds even nicer.