Sunday, April 4, 2010

Dear Almond Cakes (not you Almond Cookie),



Hello, lovely, crumbly, tasty, dry bite of goodness. Indeed, you are so dry that I cannot even eat you without chasing it with some milk lest I choke. I just polished off an entire box of you and I can't say I feel worse for the wear. So light and crumbly. How can something with lard in it be so crumbly?

Thanks for brightening my day.

xoxo,
me

**************************
Has anyone tried to make these things? They seem like they can only be replicated by elves! Much like macarons but at least I know winnie has already successfully replicated those - and she's no elf. :)

5 comments:

weezermonkey said...

I can't say I'm a fan. I feel like I'm eating dust when I eat these. :P

weezermonkey said...

I can't say I'm a fan. I feel like I'm eating dust when I eat these. :P

wan said...

ha! i've never eaten any of these before. it doesn't sound like i want to :X

Winnie said...

Yeah, it does kinda taste like eating dust . . . but it's sweet dust! I don't crave these almond cookies (cake?), but I always eat them when they're placed in front of me. Yum.

dapotato said...

not a fan, either. sorry.