Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A 15% coupon to Sephora makes me want to give my face some new products. I have other things in rotation but here's what I keep restocking.

MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved. Can't leave home without it - and waterproof to boot! It has a great creamy texture that glides on easy but unfortunately, the pencil doesn't last as long as I'd like it to. Sadly the 15% coupon won't apply to this.

























Laura Mercier Foundation Powder. Meh. Could be better. I've never found a compact I really like.











Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Bisque. Love it! Easy to put on and a perfect alternative to regular foundation if you prefer a lighter coverage.

















DiorShow Mascara. Luscious ... but all mascaras are pretty much the same in my book.
















Do you have any other suggestions?

4 comments:

venn said...

I'm a lover of Bobbi Brown makeup products. I like their (her?) Oil Free Even Finish Compact Foundation. It goes on a lot lighter than it looks and is great for grease monkeys like me. They also have moisturizing ones for drier-skinned folks. As for mascara, I love the Covergirl LashBlast. (Wan posted it on her blog awhile ago.) They have this cool sparkly one that makes me feel fancy. I realize you can buy neither of these things at Sephora, so yeah...totally useless recommendations.

wan said...

i love the LM stuff too, although i haven't bought it in a long time. and i've never gotten nars orgasm to look quite right on me :(

as venn said, i love me some lash blast. i layer it with my l'oreal extra collagen mascara and it works beautifully - and you can get both for about half as much as diorshow.

Winnie said...

I bought LM foundation powder with the Sephora coupon :) I like it so far. It makes less of a mess than BM stuff. I don't use mascara because I suck at applying it and it inevitably ends up all over my face. I'll have to try out your eyeliner next time. Mine always disappears toward the end of the work day.

dapotato said...

love lash blash.
love stila foundation/powder in one. have been a faithful user since high school. decent coverage and feels VERY light. colors are also on the yellowish side rather than the peachy/pink side.