Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Zero before Thirty

I've dreaded birthdays since I past 25. Now that I'm in my 29th year of life, I couldn't help but start thinking about the big three-o milestone. (I've got about 10 months before it comes up and I'm already thinking about this. Obsessed, I tell you.)How does one go about celebrating a day that currently makes you want to crawl into a hole and die? Do I throw myself a fabulous birthday party? Lock myself in le shoebox and watch Beaches? Milestones in general sends shivers down me timbers. The pressure to try to mark a milestone with something major is too much!

I admire people who can make lists of things they want to do and actually do it, or at least try. Recently, in fellowship, Energy asked us to make a list of things we wanted to do if we knew we had many years to live (I forget the exact number) I didn't and won't set a timeline but this is my partial list of things I'd like to do:

- Write a book. I love books. I love reading them, buying them, storing them, and just plain looking at them. It'd be a short book, but a good one, filled with observations about teenage angst and social decorum. Ha! I hope to have a room like this one day:


- Start an event design company named "best.day.ever." Great name, right? I work as an event assistant for an event planning company on some weekends right now and I really, really love it. But what I love more than executing the whole thing is designing and brainstorming the whole look of it. The more weddings I work, I more I really see that the sky is the limit! And well, your wallet. :) This picture from Brides.com served as the inspiration for MOH's shower.



- Have a kid. I'm so removed from this one that I can't think of a visual to insert here.


- Go to Japan, Paris, and Italy. All magical places. Paris deserves a lifetime of visits. Us in Paris. I love Paris, I love us.


- Go on a cruise. I don't even believe that I've never been on one! I'd go with Mickey, Goofy, and the gang, fo 'sho.



So maybe not before 30, but maybe someday. But even if it doesn't happen, I'm going to cut myself some slack and relax. Things are pretty good the way they are now.

2 comments:

The Modern Type said...

you are back to blogging? hooray! did christina tell you i kinda harassed her to tell you to blog? no? well i did. THANK YOU so much for sending her my way. i owe you a cupcake. =)

wan said...

i love the business name! i'd totally hire you. in fact, i need to email you, knowing that you're already p/t in the biz. i'm a MOH ;)

i must also add that my life has been incredibly wonderful since the day i turned 30. it only gets better, my dear - lists or not.