Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Modern Warfare Home

TARGET DOWN! TARGET NEUTRALIZED! TARGET DOWN.

DOMINATION.

CAPTURE THE OBJECTIVES. SECURE CHARLIE. CHARLIE SECURE.



I stepped late into a war in le shoebox late last night. K got his hands on a PS3 on loan from Freshman and purchased a copy of Modern Warfare 2 with financial support from Energy and Freshman. They wanted him to have the joy of playing it that badly. We don't really pride ourselves on being the first to get anything, so I understand we may be behind the times on this. So I come to you with some questions about Modern Warfare etiquette in the home.

How long can I expect each round of play to last?

If I have to watch How I Met Your Mother at 8 on Monday, how early do I need to notify my husband so that I'll be sure to have the TV in time for the show?

Is anyone else freaked out by the voices of people that come through the TV? Not the voices from the game, but voices from the people that K is playing with at the end of each round (war? battle? *shrug*) Energy also told us that we need a bluetooth headset which I hope will eliminate his voice on our TV.

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.


ENEMY AIR PACKAGE INCOMING.



2 comments:

weezermonkey said...

My advice is to stop the madness before it begins. :s

wan said...

this makes me even more grateful that the hub doesn't care for any video games beyond pacman and wii golf. and even those are very rarely played.