Sunday, May 24, 2009

Nothing to wear

I was determined to buy something today. There's currently nothing to wear in my closet. Literally. It's a good thing tomorrow is Memorial Day because I'd have to show up to work in my birthday suit. I'm not exaggerating. at all. 

Over lunch, Yippee Ki Yay had told me about their visit to the new Promenade so I had to see for myself. For some reason, the set up reminds me of the Century City mall. It's nothing spectacular but I did enjoy lounging on the furniture. None of the new stores interested me and so I bought nothing.

 

I soothed myself with a treat from ce fiore. Sad.

I scoped out the Nordstrom's sale and found a lovely clutch that sadly, even after 40% off, was still too expensive. Went back to visited it three times. I inspected it, petted it, and had to let it go. Very sad.

Determined to not be naked tomorrow, I hit up the Americana. I hadn't been there since it first opened. When I got there, I remember why I avoided it. Crowds GALORE. Glad I braved it because I was able to restock my uniform for the summer. Had to buy a pretty frivolous treat 
to keep from like a complete frump.




I'm not sure how I'll wear this. I just liked it a lot. 'Twas the perfect cherry on top of the day.

Have a good day! hope you have the day off tomorrow!


5 comments:

WeezerMonkey said...

I cannot read "Yippee Ki Yay" without singing "Mini Sirloin Burgers!"

dapotato said...

love the necklace. i went to the americana at 11 on a wednesday, and it was empty ;).

Winnie said...

I love the necklace! So pretty.

wan-nabe said...

the americana is horrific on weekends. as tater says, weekdays aren't so bad.

i, too, was unimpressed with the new "promenade."

amber said...

I still need to go check out the promenade. Maybe this weekend.

The necklace is really cute.