Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year!

'Twas a crazy week. On Tuesday, I embarked on a 6-hour trip to Vegas. I had to go to be a date to Marathon since everyone else going was paired up. She's the best date ever.



Traffic was ridic beyond belief but the time went by faster because I was busy grilling Greenpeace's new man, 10-mile Winner.



We had dinner at David Burke at the Palazzo and it was literally one of the best meals I've ever had. You must, must eat the rib eye if you ever go. I'm drooling just thinking about it. 
The restaurant is filled with pictures/statues of various versions of Humpty Dumpty and walls of sea salt. Butter is served on sea salt. The bread comes in All-Clad measuring cups.


The balloons anticipated the countdown festivities. I abhor balloons.



The best part of the meal is that the table is served raspberry cotton candy with the check. The large, large check.



Since our dinner reservation at 5:30, we had plenty of time to nap and rest before heading out onto the strip for the countdown.


I had never been to Vegas for New Year's Eve, so I was expecting something akin to the countdown in Times Square. However, it was not crowded and the fireworks were more like fourth of july on your front lawn and less like Disneyland. It's a good thing I had fabulous company.



On New Year's Day I made it back home in time to get on the bus to take my church youth group on a 4-day retreat in Lake Arrowhead. I'm still recovering and hope that I'll make it to work in one piece tomorrow.


5 comments:

amber said...

i can't believe you braved vegas on new years! i've never done it and now i think i'm too old for it.

happy new year!

WeezerMonkey said...

We saw the Humpty Dumpty as we passed by in December!

Winnie said...

I'm far too old for Vegas on NYE too. I like your white coat!

dapotato said...

the bear abhors balloons as well. sounds like you had a full week. happy new year!

wan-nabe said...

i can't get past the bread in the all clad measuring cups! that is quite imaginative.

vegas on new year's. one day, one day.