Sunday, January 18, 2009

25th Birthday - 3rd Anniversary

I kept the birthday celebrations very low key this year:
- dinner at Phoenix Inn with BFFs - 1. 
- a usual treat at 21 choices: vanilla, strawberries, and nutella galore!!


- celebrated Chinese New Year Festival at church. (Shout out to Gun Boy and Gun Girl for uh-may-zing lavender milk tea again!)
- attended K's bball game. (attended = sat on the sidelines and paid zero attention to game.)
- dinner at the Olive Garden. Yes, I said the Olive Garden. Don't ask, because I have no explanation. 

The birthday gifts were by no means low key. On top of thoughtful cards, I got things to use, read, and eat. What more can a girl ask for?


Well, a Canon 30D, of course!! Thanks to K and BFFs, I am now in the DSLR club. 

I haven't been able to stop playing with it since I got it and while my eyes are becoming crossed while trying to figure out shutter speeds and f-stops, I'm looking forward to pretty, pretty snapshots.

K and Louie are naturally my very first models.


Whee!! 

Thanks to Dr. King, I'll have another day tomorrow to relish in the glory of this birthday. *contented sigh*

6 comments:

dapotato said...

yay for MLK day off! happy birthday!

Winnie said...

Whee! Welcome to the DSLR club! Happy birthday!

venn said...

I must admit, I do love me some Olive Garden once in a blue moon. Don't hate.

Happy Birthday! And congrats on the killer camera. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

WeezerMonkey said...

OMG. That is some serious equipment! I expect only professional-grade shots from now on.

wan-nabe said...

happy birthday, dear jane!

what an awesome present. those are great shots, alreayd!

amber said...

happy birthday! cool camera -- welcome to the club. :)