Thursday, December 18, 2008

El Capitan



We got to see Bolt at the El Capitan. It was my first time experiencing the theater and it definitely made me feel like a kid again. 

While waiting for the show to begin, Rob Richards plays the pipe organ. Apparently he makes  a boatload of money  for doing this. Must be nice. 



Every movie begins with a live show. Confession: I let out an audible squeal every time I see any Disney character shake their groove thing. It's an uncontrollable instinctive response. This happens in every live-show context. Disneyland parades, broadway shows, whatever. They shake, I squeal.



What didn't make me feel like a kid were the other kids in the audience. I did not realize that children like to talk through entire movies. The entire movie. There was not a single moment of silence for the full 90 minutes. Since I was on their turf, I kept the dirty looks to myself. Watching the show for free also helped calm my nerves. 

I really, really liked this movie. But that's because I'm a huge ball of cheese. 

6 comments:

The Modern Type said...

El Capitan is the most fun place to see a Disney movie for a kid. Or a Jane. ;)

dapotato said...

i wanna see bolt. but not at the el capitan. or any theatre for that matter. too many kids. bah humbug.

WeezerMonkey said...

It is a damn miracle that we are friends.

amber said...

please remind me to tell you my friend's story about when she was employed as minnie mouse at disneyland in the 80s. it's hysterical.

wan-nabe said...

i want to see this movie too, although that's probably not shocking.

the el capitan is so much fun! we saw "lilo & stitch" and one of the pirates movies there.

Winnie said...

Hee. I don't think I'll ever be able to sit through that. Children give me headaches.