Sunday, October 12, 2008

Scottsdale

A few weeks ago, I attended a conference in Scottsdale. I've never been to Scottsdale. Apparently, it's like the spa capital of the nation and boasts its very own Sprinkles. It even has some major high-end shopping. Prior to this, I thought Scottsdale was more farm and tumbleweeds. My bad. If you need a vacation not too far away, Scottsdale may be your place. Just don't go during the Summer. It is a friggin' oven.

It's been too long since the trip for a real recap, so blurry iPhone pictures will have to do. (I still have not mastered the art of picture taking on this phone!) 

The weather is funky in Scottsdale.

Drive-by photo snapping. Sprinkles!

After unsuccessfully trying to have dinner at two other locations, we settled on this:

It reminded me of Houston's.


When we first drove by this joint, I died of laughter. If I was driving, I would've ran the car into the curb.



I love the blue sky in Scottsdale.

Scottsdale Bible Church

Yelp helped us to find Giuseppe.
It was tasty!


MOH recently told me about her new found love for Ped Egg. I'm scared of it, but she swears it works wonder. I was tempted to try it.


The conference was a really good experience. I've been a Christian since 1999 and I've never really thought about some of the things the speakers at the conference got me to think about. It's as though, for the very first time, I realize that it's difficult to have this faith and call myself a Christian. The wheels in my head are still turning and all this thinking, questioning, and wondering is doing me some good.

6 comments:

venn said...

I visited Grace Community Church often during college. I loved listening to John MacArther's sermons.

I, too, thought that Arizona was all farm and tumbleweeds until I watched the movie "Waiting to Exhale." Those ladies lived large.

Winnie said...

What!? Scottsdale has its own Sprinkles and DC doesn't?

:(

Jasmine said...

I so want a Ped Egg...I've been looking for it everywhere after a group of ladies from the gym SWORE by it~ :)

The Modern Type said...

Only use Ped Egg on feet. Do not try on elbows or any other place on your body.

wan-nabe said...

i like scottsdale. it's pretty. and i love the sprinkles photo ;)

i also love my ped egg. it was scary at first, but it's kind of addicting. gross, i know. they sell them everywhere - target, bed bath & beyond, cvs, walgreens.

Stephanie said...

Dude, trust me. It works wonders! On you and me it's just a slight difference but it completely changed Z's feet - and you've seen his feet! Now they're as soft as a baby's bum! It's what you would call UH-mazing. I just saw them at Bed Bath and Beyond and there's a men's one that's black with bigger blades haha!