Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fishy

Bridesmaid Whisperer was craving some fish and chips. After some scouting on Yelp, we settled on English House Fish and Chips in Arcadia. With 5 positive reviews on yelp, we figured it'd definitely edible and possibly enjoyable.

Turned out to some of the yummiest fried foods ever! All the foods are fried fresh by a sweet old couple. I would've left the fries in the fryer a bit longer, but the pieces of fish was perfection! Tried the fresh lemonade and was very satisfied. They also fry shrimp, scallops, and oysters. We plan on returning to try them all. 

I've been slowly cleaning out the house to preparation for our move. I found this tucked in one of my old notebooks. 



Phew. I don't even remember who gave that to me. That should give you an idea of how much stuff I have to sort through in this moving-out process. 

7 comments:

WeezerMonkey said...

Mmm...fried fish.

amber said...

i <3 fried foods.

and that place is close to me! i'll have to check it out :)

venn said...

Brits Restaurant and Pub in Pasadena also does a mean fish 'n' chips. The owners are Brits. And many of the patrons are also Brits. It makes me trust the place more. Kind of like when I go to a Chinese restaurant and I feel better when everyone around me is Chinese.

Winnie said...

Fried fish! Yum.

The Modern Type said...

As I was reading this I thought to myself, "mmm...fried." But someone has beaten me to the punch.

Ivy said...

I've been wanting to try this place. Close to me too!

wan-nabe said...

huh, that's not too far from us either. fried fish GTG!