Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Emergency

My stomach started cramping at about 10 P.M. last night and I hit the sack by 10:30. At around midnight I woke up with RIDICULOUS cramps and basically spent all night floating in and out of sleep, alternating with vomiting and excruciating pain. The kind of pain that makes you wail out for mercy. I slept by the bathroom because it was just that bad. 

Finally at about 5:45 A.M., I sucked it up and went to the emergency room. I figured if I was still in pain after an entire night of vomiting, I should go see someone. It took awhile for someone to see me, even after I vomited in the emergency room. 

Anyway, the doctor says I probably have the stomach flu or some stomach infection, gave me some prescriptions and sent me on my way. Unfortunately, there was no medicine they could give me for the stomach cramps, only for the vomiting. 

This is turning out to be an awful, awful week. I'm starving but I'm too scared to eat, in case I upchuck it all again. When I got back from the hospital, I was able to sleep with the help of the meds and have been sleeping through most of the day. 

Defeated by the stomach. Bah!

6 comments:

WeezerMonkey said...

Tummy probs are the worst. :(

Get well soon!

The Modern Type said...

I hope you feel better fast!

Winnie said...

Oh no!! I hope you feel better soon.

amber said...

i'm gonna vote norovirus. :( basically, what people call "stomach flu." if so, it's highly contagious and if you could have your husband use a different restroom from you, it might keep him from getting it. then again, he might already be exposed.

hope you feel better soon. :(

venn said...

Stomach pains suck. Emergency rooms suck too. And I cannot think of anything more sucky than being afraid to eat. Sorry for all the suckiness you're enduring.

wan-nabe said...

you need some soup dumplings. ;)