Thursday, October 30, 2008

Better

I'm feeling much better today. I stayed an extra day home from work because ... well, just because. I'm not 100% better, so I'd rather stay away and not get anyone else ill. Though I probably got it from someone else at work. Kids = club med for germs.

I still cannot eat everything I'd like to eat. I woke up and stuck to my diet of water and ginger ale until I began watching the food channel and my stomach grumbled for more. I got myself a bit of porridge and already started feeling my stomach work really hard to digest it. 

Nevertheless, a few hours later, while watching Emeril Live, I allowed myself to eat steak. They were cooking steak on the show and I knew I had a steak left over in the fridge. I heated it up, against my better judgment, and chowed down. The first few bites were so good. So dense. So substantial. So unlike the liquids I had be taking for the past couple of days. 

My stomach proceeded to beat me up from the inside. I kept the steak down but I felt like my stomach was a washing machine trying to churn butter. 

Truth be told, it was oh.so.worth.it. 

Will head back to work tomorrow just in time for a Fall Festival. Fall Festival = sitting in the sun for hours watching kids play games. Followed by Harvest Festival at church. Harvest Festival = sitting for hours in the evening watching kids play games. =)

5 comments:

WeezerMonkey said...

Steak is almost always worth it. Heh.

The Modern Type said...

at least you have a sense of humor. and remnants of steak in your belly.

Winnie said...

Hee. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.

wan-nabe said...

well, i'm happy to hear that it was worth it, anyway.

amber said...

i'm glad that you're feeling better.