Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Straws

Image from padlab.com


I recently (stupidly) volunteered to go buy boba straws for a co-worker who needed them for a project he's making for the kids. I'm not sure exactly what the project is or how it'll turn out but when he was thinking out loud in my office I (stupidly) suggested boba straws. Since he had never heard of boba or seen the straws I (stupidly) said I'd go get them. I didn't realize I had no idea where to get them. I checked out a couple of 99 Ranch places and Lilcee gave me the info for New Taiwan but I've yet to make my way there. I don't know why it's been so difficult for me to get there.

Enter GreenPeaceMama.

Last week while I was scouring 99 Ranch in my hood for the straws, I ran into GreenPeaceMama, mama of GreenPeaceBridesmaid. I briefly mentioned why I was there, we made small talk, and said goodbye.  

This week, I get an email  from GPB that GPM saw boba straws during her trip to Berkeley and brought them back for me! All she wanted in return was entry into Disneyland and thanks to K, this is no problem at all. She had no idea that I would need 300 straws so when GPB told her that I needed more, she was "on it like donkey kong." 

GPB was the first friend I made when I immigrated from Hong Kong at age 6. I love that GPM came through for me, even at age 27. She makes me miss my own mama.

Hooray for mamas!

6 comments:

WeezerMonkey said...

Oh, those straws!

wan-nabe said...

i can't wait till you need something that i can get you, so that i can request entry into disneyland too.

Winnie said...

Oh! I moved here from HK too. But wait, I may have already told you that some time ago. Anyway, yay for finding the straws!

dapotato said...

yay for all the straws! love the lighting.

and you're not stupid. just super nice.

venn said...

I think your coworker should buy GPB and GPM tickets to Disneyland.

Stephanie said...

I love that you're calling her GPM. And why didn't you just take a bunch from tea station!? tell everyone to grab a handful on their way out!!