Saturday, August 9, 2008

Mystery

Last night, after fellowship, I went to Old Country Cafe with a small crew because we were denied an invitation to The Hat. I ordered the meat stew rice noodles. When it arrived, I wasn't sure it was even mine because it didn't look like "meat" at all. Unless meat is white and floats around in strips. (Ok, chicken is white but it looked nothing like chicken.) When it I ate it, it taste a little like pork in one bite and in another bite, it'd taste like fish. Then I analyzed it and saw that there was possibly some breading on it, but never tasted the breading. My theory is that they took all the leftover meat that they had from the day, grounded it up, fried it together, and put it in my bowl. I was so amused with my mystery meat noodles that I actually took a picture. I also had everyone at my table try it just so I could share the fun.



I haven't gotten sick yet so my stomach of steel is doing its job. Christina thinks its meat paste which then would qualify it as the ultimate mystery meat. I should have went with the chitterling rice noodles like the Liao Duo.

4 comments:

WeezerMonkey said...

It tastes like pork and fish because it's pork surrounded by fish paste. It's traditional Taiwanese comfort food. My mom's is awesome. :)

Winnie said...

Weemo to the rescue :) I would have been as confused as you were too.

dapotato said...

any noodles are fine in my book.

wan-nabe said...

that's it. i'm going to kidnap you and take you to the hat myself.