Saturday, August 30, 2008

Grace

All week, I've been complaining about how tired I am. Nearly every day after work, I drove 30 minutes south to rounds 2, 3, and 4 of a job interview and drove an hour back up to church for vacation bible school. I'd teach my tired little heart out, go home, go to sleep, and start all over again. 

The worst thing about this past week is that I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel clearly enough. The weekend was going to be packed and there were moments of serious contemplation when I didn't think I was going to make it. 

I was so focused on myself that I didn't see the grace that everyone was showing to me.

Thanks and much love to:
Woo-z for make the Costco trip on his own so that I could have Friday afternoon to breathe.
Woo-z and aznphatty for allowing me just to sit in and enjoy their small group.
BFFs for driving and making my race shirt so that I wouldn't have to.
Jacko for organizing the kids and sending them off to the beach when I was running late.
Mr. Single for teaching and including me in the games so I wouldn't feel like a full fledged old fart.
Woo-z, Jacko, and aznphatty for taking care of everything so that I could leave the beach early and at peace.
K for doing everything in his power to make sure I got home at a decent hour so I can be awake for the race tomorrow, even when I didn't know what was best for me.
Gun Boy for waiting on me, driving, and making an effort to have a conversation.

The weekend is not over yet, but thinking about these people helps me to know that I will make it. It's amazing how God hears me even when I'm not calling.

I hope He hears me tomorrow when I'm screaming bloody murder at about mile 9 or so.




7 comments:

WeezerMonkey said...

Good luck tomorrow!

moderntype said...

Good luck on all the miles. You probably do fantastic and just think of all the peeps that are routing you on!

dapotato said...

good luck tomorrow! hang in there.

grace is good. as is God. :)

Winnie said...

Good luck!

wan-nabe said...

oh, boy! i can't wait to hear how it all went!

wan-nabe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
L.L. said...

"I was so focused on myself that I didn't see the grace that everyone was showing to me."

very very profound. i can use that reminder day in and day out.