Sunday, August 31, 2008

Check!

I finished in 2:31, a minute above my goal. I'm just glad to finish and to know that I ran most of the course. However, I didn't anticipate the sheer volume of people and the ridiculous bottlenecks that were all over the beginning of the course, so had to spend some of the race getting myself back on the right pace. No matter what, this is another thing checked off of my life's list of things to do.

Loved:
- the race announcer proposing to his unsuspecting girlfriend before the start of the race
- the marching bands/cheerleaders sprinkled all over the course
- everyone running for unique reasons emblazoned on their shirts
- seeing all the disney characters 
- the weather

Hated
- that we didn't get to run through Angel Stadium as runners were allowed to last year
- the one clif bar per runner policy at the end of the race. we paid $100 to run the race. I deserve 2 clif bars. Minimum. Loved that many people ignored the volunteers and took whatever they wanted anyway. 
- the 6 A.M. start time

After the race, we got ready just in time to attend a lunch held to honor my newly-engaged BFF. When I got home, all I could do was sit on my couch and watch half of Season 7 of the Gilmore Girls. That's what I've been doing for the last four hours. I'd post pictures of my happy day except my camera is not within my arm's reach and it's entirely too painful to walk. I hope to regain full mobility by tomorrow.

For now, please enjoy my mobile photo blog via fuzzyshot.com. 

6 comments:

WeezerMonkey said...

Congrats on essentially meeting your time goal!

Winnie said...

Congratulations! You did it!

If you didn't encounter the bottlenecks, you would have beat your goal!

dapotato said...

congrats!!! that's really great. :).

and you partied afterward??? yeesh. engergizer bunny.

Jasmine said...

Congrats!! I've been meaning to get around to running a marathon of sorts, but nowadays I just seem to ran AWAY from them! :)

TheModernType said...

You're so my idol. I can run about a mile before I pass out. Good work!

wan-nabe said...

so awesome! congratulations to you! i totally thought of you all weekend long.