Sunday, July 6, 2008

Search

I've been spending much of my time off from work in the non-internet world. It's been a lot of time at church or doing church-related things. I taking on some new responsibilities at church while slowly and painlessly relieving myself of my old responsibilities. I'm really excited and it's a great thing.

In my real job, however, it's not as great or exciting. It was supposed to be a year of much change, but nothing has worked out. As the possibility of doing the exact same thing for another year is becoming reality, I'm having a sort of a freak out. I'm frequenting monster.com or careerbuilder.com almost daily. I'm convinced that I'm not going to find my job on either of those sites.

So I'm going to NYC for four days. I got a cheap ticket and it'll be a good time of hanging out with my sister. I have no major plans except a meal at Porter House (A favorite of mine since I don't have to venture out to Brooklyn for Peter Lugar) and a concert in Brooklyn. Here's to hoping that a good time will encourage me to go back to a job that I can't quit soon enough.

I've recently fallen in love with the facebook iPhoto uploader and this discourages from uploading pictures onto this blog.

6 comments:

WeezerMonkey said...

Confession: I was not that impressed by Peter Luger. Blasphemy, I know.

dapotato said...

confession: every time i go, i can't drag my butt out to peter luger so still haven't tried it.

have a great time in NYC, and prayers for direction, wisdom, and i guess tolerance for another year at this same job.

venn said...

Confession: I have never heard of Peter Lugar.

I hope you have an amazing and clarifying time in NYC.

wan-nabe said...

confession: i only heard of peter lugar while watching a food marathon on travel channel two days ago.

i hope that the time away gives you a much-needed break, and that there's a silver lining somewhere in all the job-related stuff. i'm sending you prayers, too!

Winnie said...

Confession: I, too, have never heard of Peter Lugar. Have a fun time in NYC and hope things work themselves out work-wise!

L.L. said...

ugh yes. peter luger is unbelievably delicious.
lawry doesn't even come close (granted they serve diff cuts :P)
but i'll try porter house one day. once i land myself a sugar daddy.