Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hagalicious

I dragged myself all the way to Simi Valley to pick out books for our school library. If anyone needs a good book vendor, Schwabe Books is fabulous. The books are cheaper than Scholastic (though selection is not as big) and they provided free gas, lunch, and shipping for my co-worker and me. They also do book fairs and have regular booths are Los Angeles Times' Festival of Books and Feria del Libro. The best part was not really going to work today. My co-worker picked me up at home and dropped me off. I was home by 2:30. Love it.

So I've been on facebook for about 24 hours. I am completely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of applications available and even more awestruck by the way some people actually employ an insane number of applications! I do love being able to pop in on people and write on their wall. It's fun seeing pictures and reading about people whom I haven't spoken to in awhile. I am, however, quickly becoming bored with petting, feeding, and writing on walls.

facebook makes me feel about 20 years older.

5 comments:

WeezerMonkey said...

I'm thisclose to erasing my facebook entry. I don't check it often enough.

MissJordyPants said...

I've been on facebook since college. I'm still not sure what all of those applications are and refuse to accept them because they just seem to muddle my stuff. I bet my friends think I hate them for not playing.

dapotato said...

after accepting a few apps at the beginning blindly, i refuse/ignore all of them now. i only use it to find out who's dating who and who got engaged...all people i haven't talked to in ages, of course. ;)

i think we're on the border of "too old for facebook," although i found some of my younger profs from college on it recently. i guess us oldies are catching on. my baby brother used it his first year of college, and it was brand new then, still in beta form.

Winnie said...

I only use facebook to stalk people I haven't been in contact with in recent years :) Like Tater, I just generally ignore application requests.

wan-nabe said...

i can't do facebook or myspace. i just can't.