Thursday, May 1, 2008

Projects

I love to start projects. Usually, I don't follow through far enough to actually finish any of them. Here's just a few: I've scribbled snippets of a children's book tailored for Asian-American girls. I have a sketch book of greeting card designs. I have enough scrapbook supplies to adequately scrap my entire life (I have 2 years of it done so far). I've tried to play the guitar and I'd like to put down new flooring in my house - all by myself (I finished one room).

You'd think this would discourage me from starting new projects. It doesn't.

Ikea Hacker and Project Runway has sparked a desire to learn to sew. At minimum, I'd love to learn how to use a sewing machine. I saw some classes listed on Apartment Therapy but those don't fit into my schedule. I'm too scared of poking myself to death to teach myself. Sigh.

I think this project just ended.

3 comments:

Winnie said...

For about two days last year I really wanted to learn to sew. I even bought a little sewing machine.

Yeah.

I also have a cart full of scrapbooking supplies at home . . . just waiting to be used.

See? Don't feel bad. You're not the only one :)

dapotato said...

eh, i'm the opposite. i take too long to decide whether i want to jump into a project, and by the time i decide, i don't have time anymore. :P

i've been wanting to take a basic sewing class forever. because i barely know how to even thread a needle. still hasn't happened.

wan-nabe said...

i bought a sewing machine to work on some projects that i think i could sell to baby gear suckers just like me.

and it's still sitting in my house, unopened, gathering dust.