Monday, May 26, 2008

Prepared

In a couple of weeks, I will be hiking Half Dome. I'm not a nature person and I normally do not subject myself to these types of activities. However, it does seem like something I should do before I die, so I'm doing it. 

Since I'm not looking forward to the all-day hike, doing my business outside, or eating jerky for lunch, I made the most of this trip the best way I know how: shopping. K and I hit up REI, Sports Chalet, and Big 5 to gather all of the gear we will need for the trip. And by gear I mean a new outfit for me.


It's not my usual style, but it'll do for the trip. I don't understand the laces on the trail running shoes.

Otherwise, this has been a fabulous weekend of eating. A dinner at Lucille's, 2 BBQs, and an unexpected visit to El Taurino. I will be full for the rest of the week.

I leave you with photos from Benji San and Skinny Mini's wedding that took place a week ago. My camera puked all over their wedding details so I don't have any of those to post. 
 
Since we had a 3 hour break in between the ceremony and reception, I made some new friends.

Hope your weekend was fabulous!

5 comments:

dapotato said...

i've learned that being properly attired for these naturey things really makes a TOTAL difference in enjoyment levels, so good job! ;)

WeezerMonkey said...

Three-hour break?! Booo!

moderntype said...

is your dress from anthropologie? cause i have the exact same one! cute!

wan-nabe said...

i love when a new hobby = shopping. awesome.

[blinking at 3-hour break]

Winnie said...

Love the last picture :) Boo to the 3-hour break.