Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Finally

I paid my last and final visit to the dentist for the fillings today. All 12+ cavities (I suspect there are about 13 or 14 but I've never actually counted) are all filled with pretty resin fillings. It's almost strange to see no trace of silver in my mouth. My jaw is sore from stretching my mouth open for the hour-long procedure. I have to go back next month for my cleaning, but after that I won't have to see him for 6 months!

Since WeezerMonkey's post made me drool, I took K to Taihei for a belated b-day dinner. (Though K's not into celebrating, I fully intend on stretching out the activities as long as possible.) Taihei is good for a quick fix of Japanese, but its definitely no Sai Sai. If you go after 8 P.M., the portions of fish get noticeably larger as they are trying to use up their fish before they close at 9 P.M.. I treated myself to yellow tail collar and soft shell crab in addition to my usual list of sushi (tuna, yellow tail, salmon, and salmon skin handroll) in honor of K's birthday. In honor of my gluttony, actually.

Also got the disc of digital negatives of our wedding from Jasmine today! (The girl is quick!)

4 comments:

WeezerMonkey said...

Yellowtail collar! Mmm...so good.

dapotato said...

oh yum. sushi.

Winnie said...

Hmmmm sushi. Yum.

wan-nabe said...

ouch, woman! damn, that reminds me - i'm so overdue for a visit to the torture chamber too. ugh.

mmmm, sushi!