Sunday, April 6, 2008

Wasted Weekend

I had big plans to do a lot of housework this weekend. I really did. It was supposed to be my first weekend as Betty Crocker as K was heading out to watch the UCLA game at a friend's house. So if Betty Crocker watched TV, surfed the net, all while dining on chips and ice cream, then my mission is complete. :)

We've been back from Paris for about a week and a half now, and things are really back to their normal rhythm. I finally sent a text to my trainer scheduling a session for this week. K and I both had church meetings after service. The questions about the wedding and the honeymoon are starting to wane. I'm getting used to saying "husband" and someone at work even called me by my new last name. The normal of it all makes me giddy.

K and I have scheduled some time together tomorrow night to start on our budget. This is the part of the normal that I dread. I've never used a budget before, I never balance my checkbook, I don't invest, and while I live within my means, I don't have a clear picture of my financial situation. I'm literally scared of money. Clearly, scared to the point of stupidity. K, on the other hand, is the complete opposite.

If you don't hear from me tomorrow, it is because I'm huddling in a corner, crying like a little girl over a spread sheet full of numbers and dollar signs.

3 comments:

WeezerMonkey said...

No crying!

Make your husband take care of everything. ;)

dapotato said...

budgets aren't as bad as they seem! now if only i could get the bear to sit down for a few minutes so we could actually figure one out that we both agree on...

Winnie said...

I have all kinds of beautiful spreadsheets that I've built during work hours.

We just don't use them.