Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Joy

You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this email:


The world loves Wicked. But for the past two years, Wicked has been taking up space at the Pantages Theater, forcing other companies to go to smaller venues. Smaller venues has not been attracting top notch shows to LA so I'm beyond overjoyed that BroadwayLA is back in full swing at the Pantages. I looking forward to Grease, one of my all-time favorites, and Legally Blonde, which received surprisingly good reviews.

I love the theater. I can't sing or dance, so I love watching the professionals do it. However, I am the best audience member ever. I clap, cheer, lead standing ovations, and cry mostly to the embarrassment of K who lovingly calls me his Drama Queen. After a year-long hiatus, I can't wait to renew my subscription and pen in each and every musical on my Google Calendar.

6 comments:

WeezerMonkey said...

Can't relate, but very happy for you. ;)

Broadway/L.A. said...

We can TOTALLY relate! So glad you're as excited as we are about the big shows on tap for 2009. We look forward to hosting you and giving you many happy memories!

Winnie said...

Eeeee how exciting for you! I love going to the theatre. We just got tickets to see Rent in NY :)

wan-nabe said...

you're so funny!

we really wanted to see "legally blonde" when we were in nyc, but we ran out of time. i'm excited to see it's coming to l.a.!

Venn said...

I'm trying to relate to your enthusiasm since the theatre isn't really my thang.

I guess it's equivalent to the joy I would feel if KFC was gone from California and 2 years later gloriously returned in all of its fried splendor.

If it's like that, then you must be CAHHHHHRAZY happy. I feel ya.

dapotato said...

<3 venn.