Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I love/hate my dentist

Blame it on my parents. Blame it on my eating habits during my younger years. My pretty little mouth houses 12+ cavities. 12+ cavities comes with 12+ sparkling silver fillings (heh). They looked fabulous in my wedding photos. (gag)

Today, I embarked on the 2nd of 3 (or 4) visits to the dentist to get the silver beauties switched to resin fillings. I like my dentist. He remembers details about each of his patients and is very friendly. However, I just can't, in my right mind, truly like a person who sticks drills and needles in my mouth. It just isn't right. I think of this every time he asks me, "Does that hurt, Jane?" The needle you just stuck in my mouth repeatedly? Yes. It does.

At least I'm an honest dental patient.

Dental assistant: How often do you floss?
Jane: I don't.
DA: Do you know how?
J: Yes.
DA: You should floss daily to keep your teeth healthy.
J: Yea.
DA: Well, maybe I will give you a sample and encourage you to start flossing.
J: No, I won't.

4 comments:

WeezerMonkey said...

!!! 12?!
You need venn's magical toothbrush.

MissMissy said...

WM beat me to it! Venn has the answer...

MissJordyPants said...

I floss twice a year. The days before I go into the dentist for a cleaning.

dapotato said...

yeah, we all need the flossing toothbrush.