Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Failure

Failure is extremely, extremely painful. It makes the world stop spinning and yanks the pit of your gut right out of your belly button. There is nothing you can do after the failure. Trying again is not the same thing as succeeding the first time. I don't care what people say, it isn't the same. Failure stays on you for awhile, shadowing everything else you try. For an eternity if you're Chinese. Failure makes me curl up in a ball and cry. And y'all know, I don't cry.

"Trust in the Lord." I do.
"For I know the plans I have for you." I know.
"Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life." Definitely.

But for right now, all I want is my gut back.

3 comments:

MissJordyPants said...

I've been feeling the same way lately. I think the key is to step back, reevaluate, and find the new route to success. Learn from your mistakes... it's the best education.

Good Luck!

Kat said...

I hear ya! I couldn't agree more with every word. It is so hard to get over but a big part of life (unfortunately), thanks for validating the inner struggle!

dapotato said...

sorry to hear. i feel ya. i won't dispense any trite "right words" as you've already listed 'em. ;)