Friday, March 28, 2008

The wedding hangover

"I'm not a bride anymore. I'm just someone's wife." - Monica, Friends

The post-wedding madness is nearly as crazy as the pre-wedding session. In a scrabble to get everything done before work on Monday, I went on a errand rampage today:
- Dropped off dry cleaning
- Picked up gown from cleaners
- Dropped off foam peanuts for recycling (Williams Sonoma/Pottery Barn: there HAS to be a better way.)
- Return duplicate items from registry. (The lady at PB gave me a bit of 'tude because I didn't have the packing slip with an item. Pul-lease lady. It's in your damn computer. Under registry.)
- Doctor's appointment.
- Deposited more wedding gifts at the bank

This was only my half. K had his own list.

We're also in a the transition of moving K into the house. This involves packing up years of stuff and deciding what to keep and what to toss. I've come to realize that my mother is a pack rat. We have enough household items for three families. Not to mention the clothes! We could probably dress a small nation of women in various sizes. Then I look into my own closet and boxes to see that in fact, I am my mother's daughter. Minus the beaded tunics and embroidered jeans.

The Salvation Army truck is coming on Monday. Wish us luck!


2 comments:

WeezerMonkey said...

Embroidered jeans are hot.

dapotato said...

your mom and my mom should swap clothes...and end up with the same wardrobe they started with.