Sunday, March 30, 2008

Stomach of Steel

I can usually eat anything and not feel a thing. When those around me are suffering from indigestion, gas, food poisoning, etc. I never feel the effects, even if I've eaten the exact same thing.

My Stomach of Steel failed me miserably this weekend.

We were invited to dinner by our friends P and M who just tied the knot in a private civil ceremony on Friday. They'll be holding their reception in the Fall but we joined them for a celebratory dinner at 162, the restaurant at the Ritz Carlton, Laguna Nigel. This place holds a special place in our hearts as that is where K and I spent our first night as a married couple two weeks ago. *swoon*

I ate clam chowder, filet mignon, and a strawberry shortcake dessert with strawberry sorbet, vanilla ice cream, and whipped cream. K had: hamachi, new york steak, and no dessert. As all couples do, we shared and had a bit of each other's food except K - for some strange reason - refused to eat the dessert. No even one bite. Little did I know this would be his wise decision and my demise.

Almost immediately after I dove into the dessert, I started feeling a bit queasy. It got worse over time, but luckily it wasn't long before we hopped in the car to go home. I slept the entire hour it took to drive home and as soon as I walked in the door, I made a beeline for the bathroom. 

I proceeded to up chucked all the wonderful things I had eaten that night. 

Obviously, I suspect the strawberries to be the culprit. I had no idea that bad food took a toll on the body so quickly! My Stomach of Steel is, apparently, no more. Now I am a mere mortal at the mercy of dirty strawberries. *shakes fist*


2 comments:

WeezerMonkey said...

Dirty strawberries? YUCK!

dapotato said...

gross. and my stomach is getting weaker as i got older. sadness.