Friday, March 28, 2008

Paris Day 8

A trip to Paris simply would not be complete without a visit to Disneyland Paris.

Before you judge me, there are two things you must know:
1. I love Disneyland.
2. I get in for free.

Despite the awful reviews that Disneyland Paris has received, it was too tempting. Plus, they also opened a Walt Disney Studios Park next door and this was novel to me. We hopped on the train and an hour later, we were at the Happiest Place on Earth, Paris edition.



We hit up the Disney Studios first and hit my favorite ride, The Tower of Terror. The whole ride is exactly the same as the one in Disney's California but in French and the wait was shorter. This worked out nicely because it was so cold it started to snow. Just a light snow flurry, but snow nonetheless. (In case I had forgotten to mention, Paris was freakin' freezing while we were there.) The ride being narrated in French was also an issue because quite a few people in the ride with me did not speak French. So they decide to talk the entire time. Not just a couple of people, but over half of the cabin. This really killed the mood of the ride. It's good to know that Americans are the only annoying people in this world.

Overall, the Disney Studios is basically the Disney version of Universal Studios, complete with its own Backlot Tour tram ride. We checked out a few other attractions in the Studios, which mildly amused me, and headed over to Disneyland. This is where it sucks. Some of the rides differ from the Anaheim version and this would have been fabulous except the Paris rides were awful. Indiana Jones and Space Mountain, my favorites in Anaheim, were horrible in Paris. Indiana Jones becomes some crappy, kiddy roller-coaster and Space Mountain becomes a painful, headache inducing rough-and-tumble ride.

The highlight was, surprisingly, the Phantom Manor (Paris version of Haunted Mansion). The decor and scenery inside was unexpectedly different and so slightly scarier for me! Yes, I actually get slightly scared on that ride.

We only spent a handful of hours in the resort that day and I had no desire to stay longer. I had been told this would be the case time and time again before I visited. At least now I can say that I know this for a fact and will not be returning. The lesson is simple today: Don't go to Disneyland Paris!

Well, that's the end of the Paris trip as we headed home on Day 9. I hope I find other things to ramble on about from this point on.


2 comments:

dapotato said...

well, some things you just have to find out for yourself.

i will never be visiting, however. ;)

WeezerMonkey said...

Judgy McJudgerson is biting her tongue. ;)